This is my go-to appetizer that looks far more impressive than the time it takes to prepare. While I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it for a lunchtime potluck, I included it because it is the perfect item to bring to a holiday party.
1 lb of ground sausage (or substitute ground turkey)
1 cup grated shredded cheese
1 cup of salsa
1 package of wonton wrappers (I have better luck when I let the wrappers sit at room temperature for a bit)
Sour cream (garnish)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the sausage or ground turkey. Drain the liquid from the meat.
Add salsa and cheese and mix together in pan. Let the mixture cool completely. You can prepare the mixture the previous day and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook the appetizer.
1. Lightly brush a mini muffin tin with oil.
2. Place one wonton wrapper into each cup **The wrappers will not take the shape of the tin until you place the mixture inside. Also, carefully place the wrapper, or else they will tear**
3. Cook for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.
4. Remove the wrappers from the tin, place on cookie sheet for another 5-10 minutes until the outside is lightly browned. The wrappers shouldn’t be flimsy; make sure each one has cooked through.
5. Serve with a tiny dollop of sour cream and a few scallions on top, or put in the center of the dish for individual serving.
**The pictured dish is a representation of what your dish should look like, but this particular one calls for slightly different, but equally as tasty, ingredients**